To update from any previous version of Universe into Universe 3, follow these steps:
- Download the latest Universe installer here.
- You will need to use or register a Red Giant ID to retrieve the installer
- Close any host applications you've been using Universe with (After Effects, FCP X, Avid, etc.). If you have a program called Red Giant Link in your Start menu or Applications folder, make sure that's closed as well.
- Run the installer
- The installer automatically detects and installs into any compatible host applications on your system
- The installer places a lot of assets, frameworks, and presets, so it may take a while
Once the installation is finished, you should be good to go.
Launch Red Giant Application Manager and check that your membership is reflected accordingly:
- Click the Activate button on the installer's last page
- Log into Red Giant Application Manager using the Red Giant ID you'd used to retrieve the installer
- If you have a Universe membership, your subscription status will be reflected in Red Giant Application Manager accordingly.
- If you haven't got a Universe membership, you'll have the option to start your Universe trial