If the plugin's version is a roman numeral (ex. Colorista III, Denoiser II), the plugin cannot read its previous version's information.
If the software version is relayed as a digit, then it can open previous versions of itself.
- Colorista III cannot read Colorista II plugin information.
- Looks 3 can read Looks 2 plugin information.
- Denoiser III can't read Denoiser II plugin information.
- Mojo II can't read Mojo 2 information.
When a plugin can't read its previous version's information, it will install alongside its previous version and not overwrite it.
When a plugin can read its previous versions information, it will install over its previous version.
- Colorista IV can get installed alongside Colorista III
- Looks 3 overwrites Looks 2