- If the project frame rate is different from the clips' frame rate, it probably won't sync properly.
Workaround: Make sure the project frame rate matches the clip frame rate.
- Replace audio won't work properly if the external audio is in dual-mono format. Workaround: Select any such clips and change to stereo in the Info window in FCP X.
- Marker colors are not preserved in the output sequence.
- If you use the sync option Replace audio and drag the resulting clips from the Timeline to the Browser or the Viewer, they will be out of sync. Instead, use the merged master clips that are created in the Browser.
Premiere Pro (OS X)
- Depending on which codecs and QuickTime plug-ins you have installed, the following video types may need some extra help: .MXF, .MTS, .M2T, .MPEG.
- Installing the Perian QuickTime component helps a lot. Note: After installing any new codecs, and before trying the sync again, delete any folders named pluraleyes_synctemp that are next to the original media files used in the sequence being synced.
- For MXF, some people find that having Calibrated(Q) MXF Import installed works.
- If you do have a problem with any video format, the workaround described here is very effective.
Premiere Pro (Windows)
The following problems and limitations have been confirmed and may be addressed in upcoming releases.
- If you get errors about audio extraction, or if Adobe Media Encoder gets invoked, either:
- Install QuickTime and AC3Filter
- Use the workaround described here. Note: After installing any new codecs, and before trying the sync again, delete any folders named pluraleyes_synctemp that are next to the original media files used in the sequence being synced.
Media Composer (OS X & Windows)
- AMA support requires MC5.5 or later.
- P2 MXF is not supported
- XDCAM EX data that spans multiple cards should be imported via Sony's Clip Browser